Monday, March 19, 2007

EXPLORER OF THE UNKNOWN REALMS – The prelude

Today, I have been pondering on why I wanted to start this blog. Is self discovery my only motive? Or does my mind secretly want interested people to know me on a different level? If I do, then why am I hesitant to keep a link to this blog elsewhere? Even if self discovery does not prove to be my primary motive, all these questions suggest that I should indeed know myself on a deeper level.

This reminds me of a comparison I chanced to come across in a friend’s blog long back. She had compared people to onions, having different layers. As other people get to know us, they start moving towards our core, layer by layer. Some find their way past quite a few layers, some hardly manage to penetrate a few, and we of lil’ knowledge often live with the assumption that we are at the core of our ‘onion’. And then one fine day, if we are fortunate enough, life proves us wrong, making us strong supporters of “Assumption is the mother of all screw ups”. We realize that there is a lot we don’t know about ourselves. Once this happens, some of us try figuring out ways to get to know ourselves better. Some others decide that ignorance is a bliss and that we should go no further and burden ourselves with knowledge which is not gonna make us any less of a mere mortal. I, however belong to the former group. I feel it’s a necessity to know myself as well as I can and I’m hoping that this blog is gonna help me do that

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the green!

Kish said...

i knew u would, bro :)